Thursday, August 30, 2007

*whine, whine, whine*

Yesterday, Rob told me that he has to go on an out-of-state business trip for a week in mid-September. This is good news in that it means his employer likes him and thinks he’s worth sending across the country to participate in important meetings. And hey, the potential for overtime pay doesn’t hurt, either.

There was a time when I actually looked forward to a couple of days on my own. I’d get to eat macaroni and cheese for dinner every night if I wanted to, and the quiet time would allow me to do some reading or watch a couple of chick flicks whenever I want.

But now, I just have one thought that keeps circling in my head: I have to watch the baby for a week ALL BY MYSELF.

I shouldn’t be whining, because I know there are single moms out there who never get a break, and they are heroes. But I can’t help it. That means it’ll be my night to get up with her for seven days in a row. I have to figure out how to take showers every morning for a whole week without Rob around to watch Kaylee, AND I have to get to work on time. Plus, Kaylee has to get her second round of immunizations during that week, so I’m practically guaranteed one sleepless night dealing with an extremely unhappy baby.

It’ll be fine, it’ll be fine, it’ll be fine.

At the very least, I won’t run out of things to say on this blog while he's gone.

No comments: