Friday, July 13, 2007

Maybe next week, Harry

Rob and I were planning to go see the new Harry Potter movie tomorrow (we’re kind of obsessed with that series), but it’s looking like our plans are going to fall through. This is pretty disappointing, because – as all new parents know – opportunities to go out together without the baby are rare.

The last time we went anywhere without her was also to see a movie, and it was the first time in about five weeks that I’d done something FUN with an ADULT. I’d been excited about the outing for about a week before we went, but by the time we made it to the snack line, I was downright giddy. (You mean I won’t have to change a diaper, burp a baby or warm a bottle ANY TIME in the next two hours? You’re kidding. Wait, I get popcorn too? Score!)

So I get more disappointed than I used to when my grown-up plans fall through – even if those plans do involve sitting in an overcrowded theater surrounded by other people’s children, who might be wearing wizarding robes and yelling things like “wingardium leviosa!”

Maybe we can try again next week. It’s ok, though. I needed more time to work on my “accio popcorn” spell, anyway.

No comments: