Thursday, April 19, 2007

2 million seconds

I had a doctor’s appointment this morning, and found out that the baby is starting to turn around in her little cocoon. According to the doctor, this means she’s getting ready for delivery.

How scary.

And exciting.

And scary.

I’m about 26 days away from my due date now, so it’s close enough that if I were to go into labor, my doctor wouldn’t stop it from happening.

Obviously, we’ve been preparing for a baby for months now. But somehow having my doctor say “the baby’s turning” and “we won’t stop labor” makes this impending arrival seem so much more real … and close.

Twenty-six days is just 624 hours. Or 37,440 minutes. Or 2,246,400 seconds.

Oh my goodness. I only have about 2 million seconds to finish getting ready for the baby. And that’s only if she waits until her due date.

And I’ve already wasted a good 900 seconds writing this blog!

Excuse me, I have to go buy some diapers.

No comments: